March 26, 2020
Insurgencies, ethnic violence, civil wars, conflicts and over 200,000 deaths in 2019 alone!
- Afghanistan conflict
- Yemen crisis
- Syrian civil war
- Kurd conflict
- Iraq conflict
- Libyan conflict
- Kashmir conflict
- Palestinian conflict
This list doesn’t even touch on intra-country “insurgencies”!
…and now a virus pandemic…
My personal belief is that with the current Coronavirus trajectory, COVID19 has the potential to overshadow all these world conflicts & flashpoints with fatalities.
So, what’s going on?
- Is “nature” correcting this Century’s rife?
- Is this a wake-up call to live within the resources that Earth has given us – not to destroy it?
- Maybe this is meant to teach us forgiveness & humility towards fellow man – not hubris & greed?
- Should we encourage education & knowledge for the betterment of mankind – not child labor?
- If science is to lead the path for a better tomorrow, wouldn’t it be better to do it collaboratively and collectively – rather than conflict & strife?
- Wasn’t religion meant for our salvation & give a purpose to life – not as a means to power?
- Maybe the world needs to concentrate on “small government” to help citizens – not big business? (also refer- https://dinshawavari.com/2019/06/14/what-does-a-government-do-for-us-%f0%9f%a4%94/)
- Is this pandemic a test to measure the level of universal aid & collaboration – or politics getting the better of humanity?
…OR, maybe the answer is ALL OF THE ABOVE???