(PLEASE DO NOT READ FURTHER IF YOU INTEND TO SEE “AVENGERS: END GAME” – this is my take on the movie)
May 1, 2019
I’m not a public movie critic. I’ve never done it before. However, like “billion” others in this World, I am a die hard Avengers (MCU) fan; and, to my wife’s chagrin, I’ve seen all the Avenger movies multiple times on the screen & at home – and I will continue to see the other 21 MCU movies again though 😊😊.
I will NEVER see END GAME again! ☹
- Long is fine, generally … but this one dragged on – I’ve never been so glad for an intermission!
- Fine…”Thor: Ragnarok” was a comedy – however, this one took “comedy” to a new extreme!
- Thor & Hulk’s role just didn’t fit their respective character’s profiles – not only was one “kind” and “soppy”; the other was “drunk” & a “slob”!
- My hero has always been Captain America – BUT how in hell did he get married AND grow old when he goes back to the past, when he can’t age after Erksine’s Super Soldier transformation?
- Thanos even downed Captain Marvel! She’s, in effect, a walking, talking TESSERACT! How was Thanos more powerful than her? We expected her to “save the day” – but her role was minimal.
- Was it a “drama” or was the movie meant to be action? The past Avengers and MCUs have all been full action – the only true action sequence is at the end when all heroes return with Hulk’s snap. If I wanted to see “drama”, I could have seen “Bold & Beautiful”!
- I grudgingly agree to Black Widow’s sacrifice (over Barton’s death due to him being a “family” man); but Iron Man! Why!? Iron Man had a wife and child. Captain Marvel could have saved the day with her strength; alternatively, Captain America could have been the sacrifice due to his “single” status.
- I will see the ending fight sequence again though 😊
Don’t you think MCU could have done so so so much more with Endgame?
(Views expressed are my personal opinion)